QMG Partners, the service business group of the building services group QMG, acquires Hausmatic, which contracts and maintains building automation in Uusimaa, Finland.
In line with its strategy, QMG will continue acquisitions, and on 31 December. Hausmatic Oy from Kerava will join the Group through the signed transaction. The company, which specializes in building automation systems for apartment buildings, had a turnover of approximately EUR 2 million in 2020 and employs 8 automation professionals.
The acquisition has no effect on the position or customer relationships of the personnel. Harri Havurinne, President and CEO of Hausmatic, and Roope Ylönen, an automation expert, and the company’s personnel will continue in their positions. As a result of the transaction, Havurinne and Ylönen will become members of the Nordic Building Services Group, which was formed by QMG and the Swedish company Sandbäckens in the summer of 2021.
Apartment-specific automation increases contracts
- The importance of building automation and the share of work increases as we move towards apartment-specific automation. Hausmatic focuses on modern automation in residential buildings, so we have honed our processes to suit those construction projects. It is necessary because the automation will be implemented right at the completion of the house. Installation, testing and commissioning must be smooth and efficient, Harri Havurinne describes the market and the requirements.
- Joining QMG enables us to expand our range of services and create professionally interesting prospects for our staff. I look forward to sparring with other companies in the group, Havurinne continues.
QMG is building a nationwide automation offering
The QMG Group has grown into a major provider of building automation both in Uusimaa, Finland and nationwide.
- This transaction doubles QMG Partners’ automation business in Uusimaa. We now have two companies here, AET-Automaatio and Hausmatic, both of which have strong expertise and a large customer base of their own, says Pekka Pöykkö, who has been the CEO of QMG Partners since the beginning of 2022.
- In addition to these, Quattroservices in the Helsinki Metropolitan Area, Ajans sähkö in Central Finland, Paikallis-Sähkö in Northern Finland and Tammi Kiinteistötekniikka and ORS Service in Ostrobothnia will perform building automation in the Helsinki metropolitan area, Pekka Pöykkö continues.
QMG has created a nationwide network of experts to support subsidiaries with specialist expertise. The network has been built by Matti Ranne, who is responsible for strategic projects in the Group Management Team. Until the end of 2021, Ranne also served as the CEO of QMG Partners.
- Hausmatic adds an important piece to our network of experts and strengthens our competitiveness in automation, says Matti Ranne.
Mergero acted as the sell-side advisor on the deal.